As far as Mother’s Day gifts go, it’s hard to beat the classic breakfast in bed. And if you’re looking for a breakfast idea that’ll put a smile on her face this year, we’ve partnered with freestyle cook @jacquegotmeat to share a scrumptious skillet recipe guaranteed to impress her. Jacque describes it as his own mom’s personal favorite, and “everything you love about breakfast all in the same dish”.
Mother’s Day Breakfast Skillet
- 1 potato
- 4 bacon strips
- 2 eggs
- 1 jalapeño
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika to taste
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- chipotle aioli
- scallions for garnish
- Start by prepping all ingredients. Dice jalapeños and potatoes. Cook down bacon strips, remove from the pan, and cut them into bits.
- Put diced potatoes and jalapeño into the pan with the bacon grease.
- Once potatoes have softened, put bacon bits back into the pan.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika.
- Crack eggs right into the skillet with the potato hash.
- Sprinkle on the shredded cheddar.
- Once eggs are cooked and the cheese is melted, remove from the heat.
- Drizzle on some chipotle aioli.
- Garnish with scallions and edible flowers.
The key to an extra special meal presentation reminiscent of a restaurant-quality meal? Jacque recommends using contrasting colors on your dish along with clean plating. “...and since it’s Mother’s Day we have to add edible flowers!”