Valid from December 20th, 2022
Last updated and effective date: September 2023
Zinus, Inc. (“Zinus”) is a distributer of furniture products including mattresses, beds, bases & foundations and is headquartered in Tracy, California. For more information about our services, please refer to our website:
- A website visitor (including mobile websites)
- A customer
- A job applicant and
- For any product or service that links to this Policy
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Services. By accessing or using our Services, you agree to this Policy. This Policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of our Services after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
2.0 Personal Information We Collect
2.1 Information You Choose to Provide to Us
We may ask you to provide personal information when:
- You interact with our websites or emails
- You register with, or set up an account on, our Services
- You search for products or services through our Services
- You contact us to obtain additional information about our Services
- You participate in chats
- You use our “Email Us” or similar features based on our Services
- You request Customer Support
- You report a problem about our Services
- You connect with us directly via phone calls or video conferencing platforms
- You participate in a marketing or sales promotions
- You make a warranty claim or return or exchange a product
- You participate in a contest or similar promotion sponsored by, or in partnership with, us
- You provide us with comments or reviews on our Services
- You upload or share a photo, submit a request, submit information, comment on, or post other digital content through one of our Services or via social media interactions on third party websites like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- You visit our office locations
- You attend trade events and other industry networking events
- You apply for a job with us
If you choose to provide us with a third-party’s personal information (including the person’s name, email and company) when taking part in our promotions program, you represent that you have the third-party’s permission to do so.
We collect personal information that may include the data in the table below based on how you interact with us or with our Services.
|Data Categories||Business Purpose|
|Contact Data (including name, address, phone number, email address), and similar contact data||If you show an interest in our Services, verify who you are, authenticate your account, deliver goods and services to you, market to you, personalize our goods and services to you, associate other data with you, analyze other data we collect, identify other potential customers, develop new goods and services, and for security and fraud prevention.|
|Account Data (including service-related information - purchase history and account profiles), billing-related information (including payment, shipping, and billing information), and similar data.||We use this data to personalize our goods and Services to you, market to you, analyze other data we collect, identify other potential customers, and develop new goods and services.|
|Content Data (including the content of communications, suggestions, questions, comments, feedback), chat logs, and other information you send to us, you provide to us when you contact us, or you post on our Services and similar data.||We may use this data to provide you with services, address any concerns, develop new goods or services, market to you, and for security and fraud prevention.|
|Images, audio, video, social media posts, and other similar data.||We may use this data to market to you, personalize our goods and Services to you, associate other data with you, analyze other data we collect, identify other potential customers, and develop new goods and services.|
|Career and Employment Related Data||We may use this data for talent acquisition, recruitment, selection, onboarding, evaluation and hiring for the job you have applied for and for subsequent job opportunities. Also, this data may be used by us for general Human Resources administration and management, for application analysis such as verification of your employment reference(s) that you have provided, background checks and related assessments, for compliance with corporate governance and legal requirements (for example, to monitor diversity requirements), and to communicate with you and to inform you of the status of your employment application and future opportunities. Also, we may use information in relation to your application for data and statistical analysis. We may use specific technologies for the purposes of enabling certain recruiting analysis and diversity analysis, as permitted by applicable law, to comply with legal requirements or in our legitimate interests. We do not make any automated decisions in relation to your application without human involvement.|
2.2 Information We Collect Automatically
We collect information about your visits to our websites and the application when you land on any of our web pages through cookies and similar tracking technology.
The information collected includes:
- access times
- the pages you view
- the links you click on
- the search terms you enter
- actions you take in connection with any of the visited pages
- your device information such as IP address, location, browser type and language
- the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website and
- the URL you browse away from our pages if you click on an external link
We may also collect information when you open email messages from us or click on links within those email messages.
2.3 Information We May Collect From Third Parties
The personal information collected includes your name, email address, address, job title, company name, and telephone number.
3.0 How We Use Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
- Present our Services and their contents to you
- Provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us
- To communicate with you directly through emails, calls, chats and video conferencing
- To process and fulfill product and service orders
- Process payments for online purchases
- Send communications to you about:
- Promotional offers and surveys
- Event announcements
- Product notices and changes to our terms and policies
- Advertise and market our products and Services, including delivering interest-based advertisements on our website and other sites or content syndication platforms and websites
- Carry out market research to understand how to improve our Services and their delivery
- Create and manage marketing campaigns
- Generate sales leads and increase our market share
- Analyze user clicks and usage of the application and website to improve user experience and maximize usage of our Services
- Manage our website and application to maintain and deliver the contracted functionality and services
- Enforce our website and application terms and/or separate contracts (if applicable) with you
- Prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities
- Protect the security or integrity of the website, application, our business or Services
- Or otherwise, as disclosed to you at the point of collection or as required or permitted by law
- For hiring and employment purposes
Please note that sometimes we may record the audio or video conferencing call in which you participate to analyze and improve our staff’s communication skills. If we do so, we will be announcing it at the beginning of the conference call and in the meeting invite, and we will be providing a link to our Policy in the meeting invites and on the registration page.
We do not sell your information to any third party.
4.0 How We Share Personal Information
We use third parties to help us provide our Services. They will have access to your information as collected by our website or application, as reasonably necessary to perform the contracted tasks on our behalf. We sign contractual agreements to obligate them to protect the personal information, only use it to deliver the contracted services to us, and prohibit them from selling and/or disclosing it without our knowledge and permission.
|Service Provider Name||Business Purpose||Information Collected by the Service Provider|
|Operational Vendors||Enable vendors to perform operational services on our behalf||We only allow or share information we have about you for disclosed purposes in the Policy, including to perform the Services we‘ve asked for or provide the Services that you have requested.|
|Advertisers and Marketers||Market our products and promotional offerings to you and to enable you to provide feedback on products you purchase||We only share information necessary to support our core business functions and internal operations, including providing marketing assistance, administering our ratings & reviews, supporting customer surveys, and for enhanced customer service experience.|
|Suppliers||Assist you with warranty claims and to ship products directly to you||We only share information required to support warranty claims, including product exchange or return.|
|Strategic Business Partners||
Strategic business transaction, for vetting, and to also confirm your eligibility for employment
|We only allow access or share information where needed to provide the Services on our behalf or you have requested, including to administer promotional offers, and consistent with your consent and as permitted or required by law.|
|At your direction||You require us to share or provide your information to a third party to facilitate the resolution of a dispute||We share information you have requested to be released to a service provider or is provided to fulfill our service obligations to you.|
Links to other Websites
We may also provide pointers and links to other websites (“Third-Party Sites”) that are unconnected to us, may be based in different countries, and may be subject to different laws and regulations. These links and pointers are only provided for your convenience, and therefore you access them at your own risk.
It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information when required by law, subpoena or other legal processes as identified in the applicable legislation.
We attempt to notify our users about legal demands for their personal data when appropriate in our judgment unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency.
Change in Control
We can also share your personal data as part of a sale, merger, change in control or in preparation for any of these events.
Any other entity which buys us or part of our business will have the right to continue to use your data, but only in the manner set out in this Policy unless you agree otherwise.
5.0 How We Secure Personal Information
We are committed to protecting the security of all of the personal information we collect and use.
We use a variety of physical, administrative and technical safeguards designed to help protect it from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. We have implemented best-practice standards and controls in compliance with internationally recognized security frameworks. We use encryption technologies to protect data at rest and in transit.
6.0 Your Rights
We provide the same suite of services to all of our clients and end users worldwide.
We offer the following rights to all individuals regardless of their location or applicable privacy regulations.
For personal information we have about you, you can:
- Access your personal information or request a copy.
You have the right to obtain information about what personal information we process about you or to obtain a copy of your personal information.
If you have provided personal information to us, you may contact us to obtain an outline of what information we have about you or a copy of the information.
- You have the right to be notified of what personal information we collect about you and how we use it, disclose it and protect it.
This Policy describes what personal information we collect and our privacy practices. We may also have additional privacy notices and statements available to you at the point of providing information to us directly.
- Change or correct your personal information.
You have the right to update or correct your personal information or ask us to do it on your behalf.
- Delete or erase your personal information.
You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information at any time. We will communicate back to you within reasonable timelines the result of your request. We may not be able to delete or erase your personal information, but we will inform you of these reasons and any further actions available to you.
- Object to the processing of your personal information.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes. This means that we will stop using your personal information for these purposes.
- Ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information.
You may have the right to ask us to limit the way that we use your personal information.
- Export your personal data.
You have the right to request that we export to you in a machine-readable format all of the personal information we have about you.
We do not process personal information through the use of automated means.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights described above, please contact us [here.][Internal: Please note that the link is currently inactive on our website.]
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the local organizations in charge of enforcing the privacy legislation applicable in your territory.
7.0 How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
We retain information as long as it is necessary to provide the Services to you and our clients, subject to any legal obligations to further retain such information.
The information we retain will be handled following this Policy.
Information connected to you that is no longer necessary and relevant to provide our services may be de-identified or aggregated with other non-personal data. This information may provide insights that are commercially valuable to Zinus such as statistics of the use of the Services.
8.0 Other Important Information
We process data in the US and rely on legally provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders, such as contracts incorporating data protection and sharing obligations. We provide the capability for the return, transfer and/or disposal of personal data in a secure manner.
We will only collect and process your personal data where we have a lawful reason for its collection.
When you visit our website and provide us with your personal information, we collect and use it with your consent.
You can review the terms and conditions of use here: https://www.zinus.com/terms-of-use .
Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time. If you have any questions about the lawful bases upon which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
How to select your communications preferences
You may choose to receive or not receive marketing communications from us. Please click the “Unsubscribe” link in the email we sent you to stop receiving marketing communications.
Even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications, we may still communicate with you regarding security and privacy issues, servicing your account, fulfilling your requests, or administering any promotion or any program in which you may have elected to participate.
9.0 Accessibility Statement
We at Zinus are committed to providing everyone with easy access to and use of the content found on our website. If you are having trouble viewing or navigating our website's content or notice any content, feature, or functionality that you believe is not fully accessible to people with disabilities, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the specific feature you feel is not fully accessible to people with disabilities or a suggestion for improvement. [Also, while we do not control vendors’ accessibility practices, we value partners that provide digital content that is accessible and user-friendly.
10.0 Contact Information
You may contact us to exercise any of your rights or ask for more information about your personal information and our privacy practices by contacting us at email@example.com.
A.1 For Individuals Based in the United States
Consumers may be able to exercise the following rights in relation to the personal information about them that we have collected under the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA), which amended and expanded on the CCPA, Connecticut Data Privacy Act (CTDPA), Virginia Commonwealth Data Protection Act (CDPA), Utah Consumer Privacy Act (UCPA), and Colorado Privacy Act (CPA), subject to certain legal restrictions:
- The right to access/know any or all of the information relating to your personal information that we have collected, processed or disclosed in the preceding 12 months (upon verification of your identity). For details on the categories of personal information we have collected and/or shared, refer to section “2.0 Personal Information We Collect” and “4.0 How We Share Personal Information” in the Policy. Zinus will provide a copy of the consumer’s personal data in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, readily usable format that allows the consumer to transmit the data to another controller without hindrance.
- The right to request the deletion of personal information we have collected from you.
- [The right to opt-out of personal information sales to third parties now or in the future. However, please note that we do not sell your personal information.
- The right to opt-in to personal information sales to third parties for consumers under the age of 16. However, please note that we do not sell personal information of minor consumers.
- The right to opt-out of sharing of personal information to third parties now or in the future. To view the information, we have shared in the preceding 12 months, refer to section “4.0 How We Share Personal Information” in the Policy.
- The right to request rectification/correction of inaccurate personal information, considering the nature and purposes of the processing of the information. (Not Applicable under UCPA)
- The right to limit use and disclosure of sensitive personal information to that which is necessary to perform the Services or provide the goods reasonably expected by an average consumer. (Applicable under CCPA, as amended by CPRA)
- The right to opt-out of the processing of sensitive personal information (I.e., data that reveals ethnic or racial origin, mental or physical health diagnosis, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or citizenship or immigration status. (Applicable under UCPA)
- The right to opt-out of targeted advertising. (Applicable under CPA, CTDPA, UCPA, VCDPA)
- The right to opt-out of profiling in connection with automated decisions. (Applicable under CPA, CTDPA, UCPA)
Please note that if exercising these rights limits our ability to process personal information (such as a deletion request), we may no longer be able to provide you with our products and Services or engage with you in the same manner. Additionally, Zinus has established processes (including reviewing business processes, systems and resources on a periodic basis) to ensure consumers who exercise any of the above rights under US state privacy laws are not discriminated against.
A.2 How to Exercise Your Consumer Rights
To exercise any of your right mentioned above, please submit a request by contacting us by clicking the following links < Do not sell my information >.
We will need to verify your identity before processing your request.
In order to verify your identity, we will generally require sufficient information from you so that we can match it to the information we maintain about you in our systems. Sometimes we may need additional personal information from you to be able to identify you. We will notify you.
We may decline a request where we cannot verify your identity or locate your information in our systems or as permitted by law. In this case, we may request that you provide additional information reasonably necessary to authenticate you and your request.
You may choose to designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA or CPRA on your behalf. No information will be disclosed until the authorized agent’s authority has been reviewed and verified. Once an authorized agent has submitted a request, we may require additional information (i.e., written authorization from you) to confirm the authorized agent’s authority.
If you are a third party (auditor, business associate, etc.), who was given access to the Zinus system, please submit your requests and/or questions through our online submission process.
If Zinus does not take action on your Consumer Rights Request within 45 days, or in the event of an extension, within the maximum 90-day response period, we will inform you in writing of the reasons for not taking action, as well as provide an explanation of any rights you have to appeal the decision. For opt-out or limit use and disclosure requests submitted under the CCPA or CPRA, Zinus will respond as soon as feasibly possible, with up to a maximum of 15 days.
For consumers residing in Virginia, within 60 days of receipt of an appeal, and for consumers residing in Colorado, within 45 days of receipt of an appeal, Zinus will inform the consumer, in writing, of any action taken/not taken in response to the appeal, including an explanation of the reasons for the decisions. If the appeal is denied, Zinus will provide consumers with an online mechanism, if available, or another method which allows the consumer to contact the Attorney General to submit a complaint.
We do not intend our Services to be of any interest to minors. We do not intentionally collect any personal information of consumers below the age of 16. We do not sell the personal information of California consumers. If you believe that a minor may have provided us with their personal information, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you contact us, please indicate in which country and/or state you reside.